I am a postdoctoral researcher in computer science at the
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign working with
Vikram Adve and
Sasa Misailovic in the
HPVM group. In April 2021, I completed my PhD from the CS department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, advised by Vikram Adve.
I work in the areas of compilers and program analysis.
I build compiler and runtime systems for
end-to-end accuracy-aware optimization of tensor-based programs.
I work on techniques that improve the energy-efficiency and performance
of software programs by using accuracy-aware optimizations that trade off small amounts
of computational accuracy in exchange for significant performance improvements.
A major focus of my work is on developing
easy-to-use systems for compute-efficient deep learning at the edge.
My earlier work focuses on static analysis techniques for
code size reduction via software specialization.
I am on the Academic Job Market!
- Accuracy-aware Optimization
- Systems for Machine Learning
- Program Analysis
Ph.D. in Computer Science, 2014 - 2021
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
BS in Computer Science, 2009 - 2013
National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore
- [September 2021] My PhD thesis is now public! PDF
- [July 2021] Journal version of the TRIMMER ASE'18 paper accepted at TSE'21
- [April 2021] PhD Thesis Completed. Continuing as Postdoc at UIUC.
- [April 2021] HPVM v1.0 public release now available! Gitlab project
- [March 2021] Presented ApproxTuner at PPoPP'21 (Virtual) - Video
- [November 2020] ApproxTuner paper accepted at PPoPP'21
- [October 2020] Presented ApproxTuner at LLVM-Dev'20 - Video
- [March 2020] Passed PhD Preliminary Exam!
- [January 2020] Released HPVM v0.5 - a retargetable compiler for heterogeneous systems. Presented at FOSDEM
- [October 2019] ApproxHPVM presented at OOPSLA'19
- [September 2019] AppproxHPVM paper accepted at OOPSLA'19
- [September 2018] TRIMMER presented at ASE'18
- [July 2018] TRIMMER paper accepted at ASE'18
- [September 2017] Presented OpenMP-UVM work at OpenMP Developers Conference 2017
- [January 2016] Joined the LLVM Group supervised by Vikram Adve